Android Auto Setup on your MG
To run Android Auto on your MG, your Android phone must be running Android 6.0 or higher and have an active data plan.
For some models of Android phone, you will need to download and install the latest Android Auto app from the Play Store.
You will also require a good quality USB cable to connect your device to the vehicle.
1. Ensure the vehicle is stationary with the park brake applied. Make sure you have Park or Neutral selected.
2. Connect the USB cable to the data USB connection of your vehicle. The data USB connection is located in the front centre console and can be identified by the Phone/Tablet icon that is shown next to it.
3. Once a successful USB connection has been made a message will be displayed on the infotainment screen
5. Once the phone setup is complete the Android Auto interface will be shown on the Infotainment screen.
6. If the Android Auto interface does not automatically show it may be necessary to press the highlighted Android Auto button on the Infotainment home screen
7. Congratulations! Android Auto setup is complete. You wont have to follow these steps again to connect your device, simply connect to the USB port and Android Auto will be ready to use.
Note* Android Auto will only display apps that are Android Auto compatible. It will not show all of the apps available on your phone.
Common Android Auto Features
1. Google Maps – Google Maps can be used for navigation and works in the same way as on the phone. Simply enter a destination in the search box either by keyboard when stationary or voice control whilst moving. Select your route and off you go!
2. Google Assistant – You can access Google Assistant by pressing the Voice Command button on the steering wheel. Alternatively, you can tap the Microphone Icon on the task bar. If you have it enabled on your phone you can even just say “Hey Google” and the assistant will activate.
3. Messaging and calls – Android Auto will notify you of new messages and read them aloud to you if you wish. You can also reply to messages using voce commands. Calls are also handled by Android Auto so you can easily make and receive phone calls when on the move.
4. Media & Entertainment – All of your favourite media apps are available through Android Auto. Music, Podcasts and Radio apps are available.
Further information on Android Auto and its features can be found at https://www.android.com/intl/en_uk/auto/